CCSD Schools Moving to Distance Delivery, Nov. 30th - Dec. 4th
Dear CCSD Parents and Guardians,
On Friday, November 27, CCSD was notified that there are six active COVID-19 cases on Prince of Wales Island. The district’s Smart Start to School Guidelines states, “CCSD schools will be closed and will move to the Red/High Risk Scenario if there have been six (6) or more active COVID-19 confirmed cases on Prince of Wales Island in the previous 14 days resulting in the designation of a high level of community transmission.”
Outlined below are the steps CCSD is taking to transition to our distance delivery instructional model.
- Monday, November 30 will be utilized to transition to our distance delivery model which will begin on Tuesday, December 1.
- K-2 parents can stop by the elementary school during regular school hours (7:45am – 3:45pm) to pick up their student’s electronic learning device. Please ring the doorbell for service.
- High school students can stop by the high school during regular school hours (7:45am – 3:45pm) to pick up their laptops, textbooks, etc.
- CCSD will be providing breakfast and lunch for our students starting on Tuesday, December 1. CCSD will have the delivery schedule available for our parents on Monday, November 30.
- CCSD will be in our distance delivery instructional model for a minimum of the week of November 30 - December 4. As CCSD receives updated information from Public Health, we will share information about the plan and whether school will remain in distance delivery or resume to in person classes.
- CCSD buildings will be closed to students and parents. CCSD staff members are permitted in our buildings.
- If you do not have internet access at home for your student to access their scheduled Zoom classroom meetings and class content AP&T has a program in place to provide access. Please just call the school office and provide your name, phone number, and address so that we can share that information with AP&T.
- If you do not have internet access and do not want AP&T provided internet access please contact the school office and we will work with you to develop a game plan for your student to access their school work.
Included with this email is CCSD’s attendance and grading guidelines for our distance delivery instructional model. Please review these guidelines with your student(s). Students are expected to attend all scheduled Zoom classroom meetings and stay in regular contact with their teachers. Also attached is the district’s Smart Start to School Guidelines for your reference.
Communication will be critical as we navigate these adjustments. Please regularly check your email, CCSD’s website, and our schools’ Facebook pages for updated information.
Please don’t hesitate to let me know if there is any additional information I can provide that would be helpful.
Chris Reitan, CCSD Superintendent