RFP for Insurance Broker Services
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
GENERAL LIABILITY, WORKER’S COMPENSATION AUTO LIABILITY, AND PROPERTY INSURANCE BROKER SERVICES
Craig City School District
PO Box 800
Craig, AK 99921
The Craig City School District (CCSD) requests written proposals for general liability, worker’s compensation, auto liability, and property insurance broker services for a period of up to five years. The work includes but is not necessarily limited to liaising between CCSD and insurance companies, negotiating insurance costs for CCSD, researching insurance policies and products, and assessing CCSD’s risk management needs. The District expects to award a one-year contract renewable on a year-to-year basis for up to a total of five years. The successful broker will be expected to provide a full range of services including, but not limited to, placing CCSD’s insurance coverages, assisting staff with insurance related issues, and providing detailed, written insurance coverage recommendations to be approved by CCSD.
CCSD is a K-12 public education school system located in Craig, AK on Prince of Wales Island. The district has approximately 500 students and 66 staff members. The estimated FY 19 payroll is $3,546,401. The total property values are estimated at $33,632,058 and automotive values estimated at $577,590.
Evaluative criteria are as follows:
- Broker Profile – Provide an overview of your company, including a brief description of your company’s history, ownership structure, financial stability, philosophy/culture, and approximate number of employees -- 20%;
- Account Team – How is your account team structured? Please include a brief biography of the service team members who would support CCSD. Who will be the day-to-day contacts for the account? -- 20%;
- Client Service/Quality Assurance – Describe the procedures for monitoring client satisfaction. Describe your firm’s market leverage. -- 20%.
- References – Provide at least three references for companies with similar size, complexity and characteristics of CCSD. Include reference contact person, phone number and email address –10%
- Fees and Compensation – Describe how you would handle the pricing of our account and the estimated annual cost of your services. Include any commissions and fees that you would expect to receive from the existing programs, for services we have requested herein, as well as additional fees –30%
Proposals must be submitted in PDF format via email to be received no later than 4:00 PM, September 28, 2018, at the office of Chris Reitan, Superintendent, Craig City School District, firstname.lastname@example.org
The District reserves the right to reject any and all proposals and to waive any irregularities or informalities. There are no expressed or implied obligations for the District to reimburse responding firms for any expenses incurred in preparing and submitting proposals in response to this request. An evaluation committee (Committee) will evaluate the proposals in accordance with its competitive selection process. The Committee will evaluate the proposals on the basis of the guidelines set forth in this RFP and present its findings and recommendation to the CCSD School Board, who will make a final selection and award.
THIS ADVERTISEMENT CONSTITUTES THE ENTIRE REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS. DO NOT CONTACT THE SCHOOL DISTRICT FOR THE RFP. NO ADDENDA ARE ANTICIPATED. HOWEVER, IN THE EVENT THAT ADDENDA ARE ISSUED, FIRMS MAY RECEIVE THEM BY EMAILING A NOTICE OF “INTENT TO PROPOSE” TO CHRIS REITAN AT THE EMAIL ADDRESS ABOVE INCLUDING THE FIRM’S CONTACT PERSON AND THE PERSON’S PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS.