- Any student that is 5 years or older as of September 1stof the current school year is eligible. Students must be under 20 years old by October 1st of the current school year.
- Alaska Residents are eligible. Students and families must currently reside in the state.
- PACE has students that are traditional homeschoolers, and dually enrolled private school students.
Here are a few reasons to enroll your child in PACE:
- We have a variety curriculum options.
- We develop Student Learning Plans individualized to your child’s needs.
- We can provide additional resources
- We can help families access their public school funding
- We can reimburse for one-on-one tutoring or lessons
- We provide the latest Apple technology
- We have a small school atmosphere and provide personalized attention
- PACE is one of few 4 star correspondence schools in the state of Alaska according to Alaska Department of Education and Early Development’s ASPI.
PACE is a public school in the Craig School District. Enrollment is free, and open to the public. An allotment is provided for each child.
PACE pays for core classes, which include Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Technology, and World Language. Additionally, parents are reimbursed for expenses that are associated with their children’s classes. For example, a student in a reading class could be reimbursed for purchasing reading books at a local bookstore. A student can receive specialized tutoring in any subject.
We are a public school, and we have a full-service special education department. We assess students to determine eligibility for an IEP or 504 plan. We provide services to meet the needs of a child’s 504 or IEP. We have several itinerant service providers that provide speech, occupational therapy, and physical therapy needs. We have a full-time special education teacher on staff for coordinating services, collaborating with families, and ensuring that PACE is in compliance with IDEA and ADA.
Student work samples are submitted on a quarterly basis. Work samples must be representative of the grade you are recommending for your child in a PACE class. This means that the grades that are entered each month must be evidenced by the level of work submitted in the quarterly work samples for each class.